A video overview of what we do! Watch until you see the kids, as (in my opinion), they are the best part.
Some of the highlights for me:
- The principal of a school we work with saying "They really should change the name to Harbor Home because it is a home."
- The parent saying "I don't know what I would have done without these people. They teach me and are still teaching me how to parent my kid and how to be part of the village that raises kids."
- The mom explaining in Vietnamese how important this is to her kids since she can't help them with English.
- The dad who just came from a housepainting job and took time - while in his paint-y clothes - to thank us in English which is tough for him.
- Knowing that the parents who are speaking come from a variety of faith backgrounds and a huge diversity of cultures.